Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white... bathroom!



I am torn between this bathroom and the one below. I think it's safe to say that the white theme is generally a winner for me.

One of Selina Lake's pics

So lovely!!

Love, love, love...





I am a definite fan of chairs hanging from the roof- love, love, love...

Dearest Referendum,

Well, when it doesn't rain, it pours. That's what 'they' say, isn't it? Well, Ref, it seems with my blogging, that very concept applies.
It also seems, Ref, that I am getting my mojo back. For a little while there I focused on myself rather than my inspiration, which was just perfect! Now that I feel like a brand new me, I am being inspired in so many ways again that I am almost bursting at the seams! It is slightly frustrating because I would really love to be drilling holes in the roof of my unit and putting in gorgeous white swings like in the picture below, however as a renter, I just don't know how appreciative my landlord would be. So, in the meantime, I am going to blog so that when the time comes, I can use this blog as my inspiration board. I have also found a few things along the way that I thought you would love to know about!

The first thing I found for you is a website called http://www.girlatplay.com/. It is about a lady called Alex that shares her experience and knowledge of being a self-employed writer. She has a website, which I love, called Hygge Home. 'Hygge' is a Danish word (hu-gah) that describes "the feeling or mood that comes from taking genuine pleasure in making ordinary everyday things simply extraordinary. It's about owning things you only truly love or that inspire, being present in yourself and your life"- a concept that I adore.
One of the things that I love in my house is the book you got me for Christmas, 'Bazaar Style'. Well I have also come accross the writer, Selina Lake's blog, which is filled with beautiful things like those in her book, and like the gorgeous outdoor pic, which I have posted above.
I have also posted a few other pics that I have collected along the way, which are 'Hygge' to me. They are only inspiration at the moment but I plan to make them come to life one day!
That's all for now, hope you are good and Milly Vanilli is great. And boy Ref too.
Love you like I love warm, yummy, delicious smelling baths in Winter...
xxxxxsj
PS- For some reason, my paragraphs aren't showing in this post- annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment