Sunday, August 16, 2009

Catching Up!


I LOVE THIS!!


Lunch for two..
Ref, meet Andrew..


Sunny's cake

Ellie, Me and Sunny at Currumbin (Sunny is having a stand up nap)


Spencer Tracey
Me and the lovely Wa Wa- Wayne, on the seaplane

Johnny K and Brad from work getting ready for seaplane action

Hi Ref!!
Goodness gracious, long time no blogging for both of us! So much has happened, in fact so much that I haven't really had time to blog. But now that I am taking a few minutes to sit down, relax, have a glass of wine and write, I am excited about sharing the past few months with you. While i write, I am listening to the most awesome song from 'Habib Koite and Bamada'. Youtube it- it is so different and uplifting!
So, as you know (derrrr), I have moved. I need to post some pics of my new abode but unfortunately John has the camera so I can't take any pics! I am going to have to buy a new one methinks. He went to a party last night and wanted to take it with him and it was at this meeting that I told him about Andrew. Not a fun conversation (quite heartbreaking actually, but necessary) and one I can't really post request the camera back for. So, looks like I might be in the market for a new camera and you may have to wait a little longer to see my new digs.
I do have some pics on my computer though that will give you a brief picture update on what I have been doing. One of these things was going on a seaplane! Soooooo cool. I think I told you about it at the time- you have been on one before so you know how amazing it is so I don't need to tell you again but see pics for evidence.

I have also attached a pic of Sunny, my Korean student and her friend, Ellie, from when i took them to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. There is also a picture of the sun cake I made her for her bday. Sunny moves out on Monday and to be honest, I am looking for it. She is very time demanding and does things like interupts me on phone calls to ask me to make her dinner or hang out her washing. In the beginning I was happy enough to do these things but after she told me I didn't pay enough attention to her, I feel a bit used and abused. Note to self- check into post homestay student counselling group.

Sadly, you haven't met Andrew because you were so sick when we were in town, so I have posted a pic of him and I when we went to the Hunter Valley. We had such a magical weekend, it was just perfect. There is a picture as well of where we went for lunch at Bistro Molines- Roberts new restaurant in the Valley at Tallavera. it was absolutely spectacular and the perfect end to a perfect weekend. I can't believe sometimes how life works but I am so grateful for it all.. things do really work in the most wonderful and surprising ways.

And of course, no post could go live without a pic of Spence sleeping on the couch. Oh Ref, he is so cute when he does things like this, but sooooo naughty and cheeky too!
So that should keep you up to date for now. Now I can get back to posting things that I have seen and loved (that aren't new boys or cute dogs that I own) and tell you about all the wonderful things I am going to get when I am once again a homeowner.
I love you to the moon and back. I can't wait to see you soon. Miss you terribly and wish you were here with me, drinking port and eating dark chocolate.
Love you,
SJ xxxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment