Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chair Repair and Showroom Delight!





*upholstered chair is on left- a light silvery green..


Ok, I know you were a fan of the 'same chair look', but I just couldn't get the orange chair and 'mixmatched chair look' out of my head. And so, it is with great joy and happiness, that I would like to announce orange chair, white chair and leather chair to our humble family. We are very proud parents and will love them, not discriminating them for their colour or their age. Not that they are that old. We actually found them during our weekend garage sale'ing jaunt. We are in need of a table so went into this 2nd hand shop to see if we could find what we were looking for. They didn't, but I saw this orange chair and immediately fell in love. It is exactly what I have been looking for! It turns out that the guy gets the chairs from the display showrooms so they are new but he only gets one of each chair- perfect for us! John said when he was looking for chairs for the restaurant, they cost around $250 but we got the 3 of ours for $20 each! The orange one, a white plastic one and a leather designer one that had cracks in the leather, which we actually loved but the guy saw as reason to discount. I have just realised that the picture I have included is terrible and doesn't do much justice, but it will give you an idea.


I have also included a pic of our upholstery work on one of our old chairs! I don't know if you can see it properly, but those old chairs had yellowing leather seats that we had from the Airlie property. So, we did a little upholstering work and they have come up GREAT! I love them! It was really simple too, all you need is a staple gun and some material.


Love you lot's ♥sj

1 comment:

  1. Awesome on all accounts!! I am definitely a fan of the mixed chair look too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete